MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Vote_lcap83%Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mevelport_r10

Go down 
+14
chilled
tikal
Tolstoy
Damo
mikefitz
Don Punch
Mr. Elmos
Kurokami
Destro
Eroc
Lepricocious
Sebo13
Wake
chiss
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in profile

Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:33 am

Yeah, but no one uses the shooting range either, the only time i've seen it used was when Malloth tried to hide from me in there.
Back to top Go down
Kurokami
Spam Junkie
Spam Junkie
Kurokami

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:46 am

I agree theres no point to the shooting range
Back to top Go down
tikal
tikal

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:45 am

Maybe add another route to one of the hideouts or a robable place. Like meck,in the bank you could break down the floor,dropping into the sewers. Could be an option ?

And instead of the bottle shop + the shop next to it,which have NO use in the map,and just take up space, use them for another idea, elevator to an Luxary Apartment / penthouse right above / behind mayors?? Idno be creative someone!
Back to top Go down
Destro
Been around the block
Been around the block
Destro

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistince is futile.

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:38 am

^seconded! lux appartment in leet tower ftw!
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Wait, maybe replace the courthouse with the Mayor's office? Having it in the mall atm is kinda weird, and the courtroom is never really used. Maybe just add the mayor's place in a second floor above the court?
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Number of posts : 67

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in PROFILE

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:18 pm

Wake wrote:
Is there anything in the building that has the gunshop SIGN? Because you could move the shooting range there.

The bank, shooting range is being removed anyway though.

tikal wrote:
Maybe add another route to one of the hideouts or a robable place. Like meck,in the bank you could break down the floor,dropping into the sewers. Could be an option ?

And instead of the bottle shop + the shop next to it,which have NO use in the map,and just take up space, use them for another idea, elevator to an Luxary Apartment / penthouse right above / behind mayors?? Idno be creative someone!

Was planning on adding a breakable wall or something from the bank to sewer since it goes right over one of the tunnels. Might do luxury tower, likely if mayor's office gets moved. Otherwise it's a huge mess of towers.

Wake wrote:
Wait, maybe replace the courthouse with the Mayor's office? Having it in the mall atm is kinda weird, and the courtroom is never really used. Maybe just add the mayor's place in a second floor above the court?

Any objections to this?
Back to top Go down
Destro
Been around the block
Been around the block
Destro

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistince is futile.

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 pm

nope.

How about a post office? it can sell stamps and you can send messages at 5 minute intervals irl.
Back to top Go down
Don Punch
Admin
Admin
Don Punch

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Cruisin' down the street in my '64

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:47 pm

lol mapping and coding are 2 seperate things
Back to top Go down
http://projectmobius.biz.ly/
tikal
tikal

Number of posts : 174

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Wake wrote:

Sounds good, widen the Security room and like have an entrance to an elevator or some stairs, leading up to an office just outside big doors. Office for the Mayors Secretary and inside Mayor's office.
Back to top Go down
chiss
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
chiss

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:57 pm

Destro wrote:
nope.

How about a post office? it can sell stamps and you can send messages at 5 minute intervals irl.

That could be coooool.

Like you could send people letters. And they'd have to go pick em up at the post office.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Well, if you make the courthouse into a city hall, make an elevator to the left as you come in. For the security office, make it larger backwards, with another room or two. Not conflicting with the elevator. From there, I guess you could copy the mayor's office from the mall and paste it into the second floor or something.
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:52 pm

Wake wrote:
Well, if you make the courthouse into a city hall, make an elevator to the left as you come in. For the security office, make it larger backwards, with another room or two. Not conflicting with the elevator. From there, I guess you could copy the mayor's office from the mall and paste it into the second floor or something.

This is probably what I'll do.

------------

Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Bpmjpcbruzsrdpxz40w

The sewage plant - Not exactly as in the layout, but it works this way. It's a lot more interesting from the inside which expands back into the buildings (red arrow).

The blue bracket is the other part not in the plans. There needs to be something there or else it will just show the skybox.

Also there is no room for the court's garden, I might put this back and up.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Nice job! Just make the blue bracket any form of stone or something.
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Well the bracketed area is fine now. I'm saying if I followed the plans and didn't put a building right there it would look bad.

Just finished that last apartment, put a roof on the court, and added morgue + lab to MD
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Aupv068q4b86m9ibxu7

Mayor's office moved, entire back strip complete.

Red is the path to the office, arrow shows where it is.

Edit:

Was looking at older mevelports, here's two other environment styles to choose from.

Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 T38qirnnrlczk067g4xr

Also I see what is meant by liking r7 better, I do too in some ways. The lighting is better and it's more open in areas..

Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Xd3v4cqiociz6lxossvw

---
Fixing problems now, map is almost done.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:25 pm

Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Elmos
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
Mr. Elmos

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: : "I believe it is an old Wooden ship used in World War 1..."

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:04 pm

I kind of like a bit later.
Back to top Go down
Kurokami
Spam Junkie
Spam Junkie
Kurokami

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:31 pm

A bit later looks more realistic whilst the other one looks more sunshine lolypops and rainbows, i like the sunshine but meh, =)
Back to top Go down
chilled
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Number of posts : 96

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: a vcr floating in mid air?

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:42 pm

Yes! go back to r7 i love the massive road down the middle with the PD,7/11,bank,md, gunshop, hotel and the awesome speach making area near the sewers all on the same road. Keep the map nice and open.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:18 pm

Also, make another entrance to the pool, maybe a stairs from the mall. It's kind of a pain to go up the elevator just for that.
Back to top Go down
chiss
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
chiss

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Lepricocious wrote:
Wake wrote:

This is probably what I'll do.

------------

Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Bpmjpcbruzsrdpxz40w

The sewage plant - Not exactly as in the layout, but it works this way. It's a lot more interesting from the inside which expands back into the buildings (red arrow).

The blue bracket is the other part not in the plans. There needs to be something there or else it will just show the skybox.

Also there is no room for the court's garden, I might put this back and up.

Looking fantastic Lep.

Just with the waste plant, could you make it a little more industrial looking by adding some tall, large pipes, or something? Meow Smile

Also, remember the goal was to make the map 'shorter' in a way. Bring the far away things that no one went to a bit more central.

Started anything with the new section of road creating the 8 loop?
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:22 pm

chiss wrote:

Looking fantastic Lep.

Just with the waste plant, could you make it a little more industrial looking by adding some tall, large pipes, or something? Meow :)

Also, remember the goal was to make the map 'shorter' in a way. Bring the far away things that no one went to a bit more central.

Started anything with the new section of road creating the 8 loop?

Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Lrut2roawkmkk4lto

^Better? It's also a lot more grunge-like on the inside.

Everything is more condensed now, there's nothing in the back really except some shady spots you can walk to.

Finished the area where you wanted the second road. I made a post earlier about there not being enough room and replacing it with a wide sidewalk. There's a pic, it's a couple pages back I think.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Put a ladder on the tall, flat wall to the right of the sewage plant door that leads up to the grass area. But replace the grass with more concrete and connect the new walkway to the existing one on the roof of the sewage plant. Maybe you could even add a sidedoor on the city hall that goes to the newly created path.
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:55 pm

A few things left, going to need some feedback.

Mayor's Office

Right now it's currently in the building behind and connected to the courthouse. Only problem with this is it's kinda far back back, and the view out the windows is just the sewage canal. Have it in the mall tower or keep it where it is?

Removal/Conversion of Useless Properties

Prodigy Storage, Employment Office, the bottle shop, and the box room are useless. Ideas on what they should be? If nothing is said I'll turn them into generic shops or keep them as is.

Current ideas:
-Replace those two mall shops with elevator to luxury apartments. (tikal) [ Not enough clipnodes ]
-Post office (Destro)
-Mall gunshop (Damo)
-Leave as is
-Box room -> public storage room (chiss)

Bank back exit

False wall into the sewers or a back staff door?

--
Current plan -
Finish up what is left of the main stuff, run a few test compiles, then come integrate the results from this. After that I'll do a few sample compiles for different environments (right now: only morning and 'a bit later') to release to a few people for beta testing. After that, fix what is needed and hand over the final product to DP.

Last edited by Lepricocious on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Number of posts : 225

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Turn them into appartments within the mall i reckon. Or turn one of them into the gun store, it would be good having it inside the mall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mevelport_r10
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MobiusRP :: Archives :: Mevelport Forums-
Jump to: