MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Vote_lcap83%Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Vote_lcap17%Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mevelport_r10

Go down 
+14
chilled
tikal
Tolstoy
Damo
mikefitz
Don Punch
Mr. Elmos
Kurokami
Destro
Eroc
Lepricocious
Sebo13
Wake
chiss
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tikal
tikal

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in profile

Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:29 pm

Removal/Conversion of Useless Properties

Prodigy Storage, Employment Office, the bottle shop, and the box room are useless. Ideas on what they should be? If nothing is said I'll turn them into generic shops or keep them as is.

Current ideas:
-Replace those two mall shops with elevator to luxury apartments. (tikal)
-Post office (Destro)
-Mall gunshop (Damo)

Uh.. Maybe add like a short path inside the mall,where the bottle shop + box room is atm,and make it go towards the back of the map,still inside the mall. Make that an Walmart or something,map needs another shop apart from the 7/11. Not rob able,just another place to buy groceries,more jobs,hang out,and daily shopping.

So, where the bottle shop is at the moment,delete that,widen the area of the mall and make that 5-10m. [ Back of the Mayors / Tall building ] <-- That is what is it atm. Add Safeway [ I think Walmart is the American version,] Or like a computer store, Real Estate or something..

Kind of confusing,but I think you might understand me :S
Back to top Go down
chiss
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
chiss

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:33 pm

Hmmm, i dont want the mayors tower to be really far back.

Personally, i think keep Prodigy Storage and Mace Banking... Makes the map more friendly for other servers that will make use of them! Also - just design them a little different (less shop like) so that people would actually use them as a hideout. At the moment, Prodigy would make an awesome hideout.

Box room in mall could definately be turned into something. I think itd be good as just a 'storage room'. Remove the windows, have a door that is just for public use, and just have boxes and shelves in there. Also vent access to the roof from that room would be cool. The room would be rather dark, good for illegal sales and hiding.

The bottle shop is fine, i think.

Also one big tiff of mine with the mayors tower is; the whole spiral staircase thing from the mcdonalds.... goes nowhere but a lift... why not just have the lift start at the bottom of the staircase?
Back to top Go down
Kurokami
Spam Junkie
Spam Junkie
Kurokami

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:43 am

tikal wrote:
Removal/Conversion of Useless Properties

Prodigy Storage, Employment Office, the bottle shop, and the box room are useless. Ideas on what they should be? If nothing is said I'll turn them into generic shops or keep them as is.

Current ideas:
-Replace those two mall shops with elevator to luxury apartments. (tikal)
-Post office (Destro)
-Mall gunshop (Damo)

Uh.. Maybe add like a short path inside the mall,where the bottle shop + box room is atm,and make it go towards the back of the map,still inside the mall. Make that an Walmart or something,map needs another shop apart from the 7/11. Not rob able,just another place to buy groceries,more jobs,hang out,and daily shopping.

So, where the bottle shop is at the moment,delete that,widen the area of the mall and make that 5-10m. [ Back of the Mayors / Tall building ] <-- That is what is it atm. Add Safeway [ I think Walmart is the American version,] Or like a computer store, Real Estate or something..

Kind of confusing,but I think you might understand me :S

(i havent looked into the actual locations we're trying to fit in, just trying to suggest what i can)

prehaps combine the hotel + bar into a kind of inn type place, run down looking place (would be awsome for russians, =)). Would be good for shady businesses to go and corrupt cops to frequent at.

maybe a news/advertisement agency place.

just a sitting place to hang around?
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Number of posts : 67

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in PROFILE

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks for all the opinions.

After trying to deal with a lot of errors (mostly vague ones that could be caused by anything) I decided to ignore them and they miraculously fixed themselves. Here's a screen from the first compile.

Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 0066ivkl1b5ia0a2uz

Comments? Anything on the time of day lighting? I was thinking it could be a bit darker.
Back to top Go down
tikal
tikal

Number of posts : 174

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Looks nice,where is the club situated btw?

Ah, a little little bit darker,or just leave it like that. Doesn't fuss me to much
Back to top Go down
Eroc

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:24 am

Lepricocious wrote:

After trying to deal with a lot of errors (mostly vague ones that could be caused by anything) I decided to ignore them and they miraculously fixed themselves. Here's a screen from the first compile.

Comments? Anything on the time of day lighting? I was thinking it could be a bit darker.

Good darkness, are the street lights on?
Back to top Go down
Scott
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Scott

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:35 am

Put a back room in the club so if someone wants to use it as a gang place, they don't have to make it completely useless in normal RP scenarios by putting guns all over the place and locking the doors.
Back to top Go down
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:59 am

Scott wrote:
Put a back room in the club so if someone wants to use it as a gang place, they don't have to make it completely useless in normal RP scenarios by putting guns all over the place and locking the doors.

True, we should keep the club open and have a private room for our guns, rather than hiding them in certain places lol.
Back to top Go down
chiss
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
chiss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:49 am

Lepricocious wrote:

That looks sexy. As long as its not REALLY dark, or REALYL light, ill be happy.

I like how faithfully you're following my design thing ;D it looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Club front doors can be seen on the right side of the picture. I made it a bit darker and it looks nice. The streetlights are on. Added a back room for club, front doors default to open now.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Make the music buttons in it's own room or something. Also, add hobo boxes or dumpsters if you want to fill space.
Back to top Go down
chiss
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
chiss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:47 pm

Lepricocious wrote:
Club front doors can be seen on the right side of the picture. I made it a bit darker and it looks nice. The streetlights are on. Added a back room for club, front doors default to open now.

Looks good.... however still no confirmation of the figure 8 road design. Does it turn off to the right in that last picture? or just end like it used to.

Wake wrote:
Make the music buttons in it's own room or something. Also, add hobo boxes or dumpsters if you want to fill space.

Imho, clubs dont need 50 switches for lights/music... They so rarely get used. Just have 1 song - always playing. And maybe a strobe light! Literally pitch black to bright white, in 0.1 seconds! Imaging a gun fight in that!!!!

Anyway- in terms of filling spaces. Storage rooms are always a great way to do it, people DO need storage rooms. Boxes and shelves dont use much map resources and they make for good places to fight/RP.

You could also add like "BLA BLA's Self Storage!", and just have a few smallish buyable garages for sale, like in the older Mevelport actually (near the 7-11).
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:31 pm

chiss wrote:

Looks good.... however still no confirmation of the figure 8 road design. Does it turn off to the right in that last picture? or just end like it used to.

Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Xugudl7yeblld0v7hq4k

chiss wrote:

Imho, clubs dont need 50 switches for lights/music... They so rarely get used. Just have 1 song - always playing. And maybe a strobe light! Literally pitch black to bright white, in 0.1 seconds! Imaging a gun fight in that!!!!

That's why there's only three, but since the club is open now it might be good to keep them in the back room. I always hate it when someone turns them all on at once.
Back to top Go down
chiss
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
chiss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Lepricocious wrote:
chiss wrote:

Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Xugudl7yeblld0v7hq4k

chiss wrote:

That's why there's only three, but since the club is open now it might be good to keep them in the back room. I always hate it when someone turns them all on at once.

Yeah, that back alley/walkway/street looks good Smile!

Just with this;
Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Bpmjpcbruzsrdpxz40w

It'd be nice if instead of the streams just ending at the wall, they go into a barred off tunnel or something.

It would also be nice to put the credits in a less open area. You do deserve your credits, but i think that place is too open and visible for it. Maybe just on top of a really tall building.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:27 am

Add Mobius to the credits Very Happy

Also, put in some PD gunspawns that are default. Make a Spas 12, Glock 20, Socom, and MP5K.
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:15 am

Wake wrote:
Add Mobius to the credits :D

Also, put in some PD gunspawns that are default. Make a Spas 12, Glock 20, Socom, and MP5K.

I think it's more appropriate for the PD to have more of a choice of what is put there.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Eh, you're right.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Elmos
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
Mr. Elmos

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: : "I believe it is an old Wooden ship used in World War 1..."

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Also, if you can. Make the mayors office have more furnitore and maybe a secret escape route.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Oh, here's an idea. You know that hobo place in the back of the 7/11? And the fake door there? Make the fake door lead to the 7/11, and put a hideout to the left of it, the door replacing the bench with the bottles on it.
Back to top Go down
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:49 pm

The PD already has a Mossberg 500, five-seven and a glock 20c, considering the economy is being changed it'll be a long while before rifles become available hopefully so they wouldnt need much.
Back to top Go down
Wake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now:

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Not if Joe Tropics keeps selling them for $150 a piece...
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Wake wrote:
Oh, here's an idea. You know that hobo place in the back of the 7/11? And the fake door there? Make the fake door lead to the 7/11, and put a hideout to the left of it, the door replacing the bench with the bottles on it.

and

Mr. Elmos wrote:
Also, if you can. Make the mayors office have more furnitore and maybe a secret escape route.

Can't be done, I have problems all over the place right now, these will only add a few more.

Edit: Found the source of the problems, it was all those cows. I knew they were up to something..

Still, adding even a couple blocks right now causes the problems to come back, it's really at it's fullest.
Back to top Go down
chiss
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
chiss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Sir fullington.

One big thing about moving the back road forward was so you could fully remove a big slice of the map (just filling it with big solid buildings would do) to save on map resources.

beow. i hope you work stuff out Very Happy!

In regards to the cow room Sad More practical?

Also, maybe those potatoe signs could help cut down on resources... they are big and high textured and arent really neecesary.
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:33 pm

chiss wrote:
Sir fullington.

One big thing about moving the back road forward was so you could fully remove a big slice of the map (just filling it with big solid buildings would do) to save on map resources.

beow. i hope you work stuff out :D!

In regards to the cow room :( More practical?

Also, maybe those potatoe signs could help cut down on resources... they are big and high textured and arent really neecesary.

I was thinking just the opposite, this map needs more potato signs.

EDIT: The cows have been saved at the cost of a couple street lights and a few desk drawers. I'd like to think everyone would agree that the cows are more important.

-
Back to top Go down
TeddyBear!
Donator
Donator
TeddyBear!

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: NOTHING! DON'T LOOK!

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:34 pm

Lepricocious wrote:
chiss wrote:
Sir fullington.

beow. i hope you work stuff out Very Happy!

In regards to the cow room Sad More practical?

I was thinking just the opposite, this map needs more potato signs.

EDIT: The cows have been saved at the cost of a couple street lights and a few desk drawers. I'd like to think everyone would agree that the cows are more important.

-

I have to say the cows are the most important things in the map. Without them the map is worthless!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mevelport_r10   Mevelport_r10 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mevelport_r10
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MobiusRP :: Archives :: Mevelport Forums-
Jump to: