MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
Section 0: End of our Era Vote_lcap83%Section 0: End of our Era Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
Section 0: End of our Era Vote_lcap17%Section 0: End of our Era Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Section 0: End of our Era

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedRose
RedRose

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Xuhqil Tanj

Section 0: End of our Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Section 0: End of our Era   Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:21 am

Keep in mind that our player base will not be near the intelligence level of those folk on the development team. They will be ten to sixteen year old adolescent males, many of whom probably won't even read this in the first place, but for those who do, can we make this slightly less wordy, and perhaps explain some bits more? Things like the United Earth Enterprise, and HOW it came about, aside from (yes, this was vague) saying that there were wars.
Back to top Go down
Kill3456

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in profile

PostSubject: Re: Section 0: End of our Era   Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:32 am

RedRose wrote:
Keep in mind that our player base will not be near the intelligence level of those folk on the development team. They will be ten to sixteen year old adolescent males, many of whom probably won't even read this in the first place, but for those who do, can we make this slightly less wordy, and perhaps explain some bits more? Things like the United Earth Enterprise, and HOW it came about, aside from (yes, this was vague) saying that there were wars.

lol, internet censorship.

But to be serious, this idea is silly, even to my fellow Americans who know jack shit about the world, why?

First of all, Shon dosen't really know much about geopolitical relations and all that stuff, which is respectable as not many people do, he's just here because he can write impressive stories, and im here because I can imagine up impressive ideas.

The 'United Earth Enterprise' stated in my Havoc9 Alternate World, and now in Shon's apparent alternate reality is very unrealistic. Not only would the EU not change their name to something silly as the UEE, but why would they unite with Japan? Thats a completely different country who is diplomatically neutral to the European Union.

The most probable way would be if the European Union united into one Supercountry, which is very possible as in real life there are talks about it possibly happening in the future, the 'United Europe' doctrine. Obviously some countries would refuse this and become independent, but still allied with the EU, but this wont be many.
Back to top Go down
HoltK
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
HoltK

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Lulz No clue!

PostSubject: Re: Section 0: End of our Era   Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:31 am

Feel Free to tune or write the story up at any time Kill Razz
Back to top Go down
Don Punch
Admin
Admin
Don Punch

Number of posts : 1191

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Cruisin' down the street in my '64

PostSubject: Re: Section 0: End of our Era   Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:22 am

Wouldn't really matter who united with the EU, or what they call themselfs. Its a moot point, as they loose the upcoming war against Russia.

I like the detail that you are putting into this, but I am thinking we do need something that will be read by the masses.

Something similar in length as a whole, to the write up that HoltK did at the start of this project.

Maybe have 2 versions, a Cliff Notes that most people would read, and could even put part of it in the motd, and the full detailed version.

Either way, lets get it done. I really would like to get it out of the way, and have the RP forums started on with rules, polocies, app formats, shit like that.
Back to top Go down
http://projectmobius.biz.ly/
Kill3456

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in profile

PostSubject: Re: Section 0: End of our Era   Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:15 pm

HoltK wrote:
Feel Free to tune or write the story up at any time Kill Razz

My stories are too dull. D:
Back to top Go down
Shon Harris

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Community Puerto Rican

PostSubject: Re: Section 0: End of our Era   Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:02 am

Kill3456 wrote:
RedRose wrote:

lol, internet censorship.

But to be serious, this idea is silly, even to my fellow Americans who know jack shit about the world, why?

First of all, Shon dosen't really know much about geopolitical relations and all that stuff, which is respectable as not many people do, he's just here because he can write impressive stories, and im here because I can imagine up impressive ideas.

The 'United Earth Enterprise' stated in my Havoc9 Alternate World, and now in Shon's apparent alternate reality is very unrealistic. Not only would the EU not change their name to something silly as the UEE, but why would they unite with Japan? Thats a completely different country who is diplomatically neutral to the European Union.

The most probable way would be if the European Union united into one Supercountry, which is very possible as in real life there are talks about it possibly happening in the future, the 'United Europe' doctrine. Obviously some countries would refuse this and become independent, but still allied with the EU, but this wont be many.

The names were created by HoltK and Don Punch.
Way to read other posts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shonharris
Don Punch
Admin
Admin
Don Punch

Number of posts : 1191

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Cruisin' down the street in my '64

PostSubject: Re: Section 0: End of our Era   Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 4:33 pm

No more flame/ non productive post are needed in the Development Team section.

These forums are ment for the production of this mini mod, not to bicker over shit.

If you have a new idea for this on how to improve it, then please post it, but try to refrain from right out, flame.
Back to top Go down
http://projectmobius.biz.ly/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Section 0: End of our Era   Section 0: End of our Era Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Section 0: End of our Era
Page 1 of 1