MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
Advice for Canon Writers Vote_lcap83%Advice for Canon Writers Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
Advice for Canon Writers Vote_lcap17%Advice for Canon Writers Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Advice for Canon Writers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shon Harris

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Community Puerto Rican

Advice for Canon Writers Empty
PostSubject: Advice for Canon Writers   Advice for Canon Writers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:31 am

Sure, I am have not been published and have really only written a few notable things (in the RP world), but so far I've noticed a few things and wish to share them. This is not really a critique, just a comforting assembly of words to help the team relax in a time that things seem as if rushed, or even completely halted.
This is the writing process.

The first thing I want to point out is something for those who have already written their pieces, Painkiller, as well as those about to start or in the process of their section(s). What you write at any time, whether it's posted or not, that piece you have created is a working draft. Read other sections of the Canon, read other places for Science Fiction, become inspired and work in a bit of your own personal touch while still staying in the quick, yet interesting, expository this is. Do remember, though this is a fictional time, we are writing about a world that, in RP, exists. Basically, be ready and be open to everything for your piece, especially when you think you're done.

Continuations are not necessary. At this point we want your section, raw and new, any transitions from part-to-part will be taken care of later. Major ideas and pieces should be included, maybe show the outline of your smaller ideas or maybe even just give us your notes for those you did not work in. As the author you can inject pieces of your own interests in the world we're creating, but also realize this is everyone's RP world. Keep that sense of community open, but really don't let your self be chained down.

Lastly, to keep this short, Ask questions and discuss the Scenario. Have fun, say What-Ifs, let your imagination run wild and even start thinking up possibilities. Every idea we have will not be the Primary Focus, however it can be made into things like mythology or otherwise. A world, especially an interesting one, is deeper than the simple Enviornment and Current Events. It all ties back to History; legends, mythology, and hard-documented fact all explain and enrich the world we are creating as well as the world we live in. Let's give the Player a sense that they have endless possibilities to learn, and that they really are ignorant of the goings-ons in the world no matter how powerful/knowledgable their character is. We can make this pretty amazing.

It's short, I know, but frankly, I just took two pills of speed and I'm still in the middle of the high (been up for 28 hours now, just got home from biking all night). While you read this, I'm working on my piece, expect to see progress and take this time to think over whatever you thought was too much of a stretch and allow it some time. You'd be amazed with what you can come up with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shonharris

Advice for Canon Writers
Page 1 of 1