MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
Petition for changing the map. Vote_lcap83%Petition for changing the map. Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
Petition for changing the map. Vote_lcap17%Petition for changing the map. Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Petition for changing the map.

Go down 
+7
Don Punch
arrow
MrMandrake
Wake N' Bake
TeddyBear!
askrobert1234
Domon3rt
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Change the Level?
1. Yes, Iburg
Petition for changing the map. Vote_lcap19%Petition for changing the map. Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
2. Yes, FrozenValley
Petition for changing the map. Vote_lcap50%Petition for changing the map. Vote_rcap
 50% [ 8 ]
3. No.
Petition for changing the map. Vote_lcap31%Petition for changing the map. Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Domon3rt

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Petition for changing the map. Empty
PostSubject: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:48 pm

I want to start a petition to change the level back to Iburg from mevelport or perhaps try a new map. The map is dull, poorly illuminated, and I've never seen anyone actually roleplay it. Hell I admit, I havnt really roleplayed it, its just that bad. It started off decent, but went down hill. I just wanted to start a petition, I will attach a poll for those who want to petition for it, without having to post. Although with your post, it will be more likely to change.

I'd like the server to try a different map however, my all time favorite. Simple layout, and the apartments are spacious, and overall well decorated. It is on the darker side, but is well illuminated as well correctly unlike Mevelport. The map is called Frozen Valley. Heres a link to it. Check it out.

http://www.theicecave.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32
Back to top Go down
askrobert1234
askrobert1234

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: ... An epic firefight0r?

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Although some people state that the map has grown in population since the map change, i started to take a look at it... The only people that are here, are the same people that were on Iburg!!! Not only was it the people that were on Iburg, but the people that were on it before night mod. It seems that got rid of a lot of our population. If night mod was SLIGHTLY lighter than what it makes the server, it would be really awesome and still bearable on it...

Another thing I miss is the fact that vampire mod is gone... That was an awesome mod! My friends and I found a bunch of awesome moments where we were having so much fun RPing a vampire, and with the day/night mod, and the way we all dressed and kept ourselves mostly secret (till before the map change of course) made the whole thing awesome! I'd like to have that back as well... It would make the server awesome.

Lastly, for admins, I think that noclip, etc. should be placed back into the picture (at least when we change maps or something)... Not neccessarily for my benefits, but there's been times where I would have liked to look around at a building without spectating and making my score look like a DM server and having 50 deaths and crazy stuff like that, but it would be nice if high-ranking admins could add spawns with it (they have to just stand there and hope the spawn appears where they're looking instead of noclipping to that part of the wall, etc and adding it.), so it would be nice if admins got that back, too...

If Iburg returned, I feel that our population has regrown to a decent status where we can keep the server populated on a map like Iburg. Although it is a simple map, it's fun, its got plenty of properties for orgs and standalone people, and overall, it's just a fun map to RP in!
My suggestion is to keep the standing orgs in the server and move to Iburg, or frozen valley and revive RP there, because way too many people on this map say it's not fun to RP on, it's too dark, its perfect for DM, and all sorts of various statements I've gotten from active community persons.

For "keeping the orgs" I would suggest keeping the Underground... They're doing ok right now, almost up to an "official mafia" status... Anarchy 99 will be no more if we switch to Iburg, because I created various votes and everyone that was in the server (when the server was nearly full) misses when I was the owner of the club, and all voted that I should revive the Xevi if we go back to Iburg instead of bringing Anarchy 99 over there and living in an apartment. Another bonus to that is that the custom items I requested (The V.I.P. card and the platinum) are still created, so i can still merchant those to people (which was quite beneficial to the org and had a lot of cool merchanting RP configured into it as well!)

Anyways, concluding my statements... I feel we should try Iburg again. We have a semi-stable community now, and if we switched back without, or with a lighter night mod, I feel the server could be revived fast into the commonly-used RP server list. A friend of mine is considering donating $50, if the donations page is still up, and hopefully we can repay him for that if he does donate, with the $150k or so don mentioned earlier in that post! In case anyone wants to know who that is, "Rick Mc. Lovable", server doctor, very active, a good friend of mine overall. Lastly, I feel with the people in here now (Me, Siphyon, Rick, Boris, and all of my other friends) could wire up some community "cables" and jumpstart Mobius RP back into life!!!

See you all ingame and around the forums!

-James Vizzini king
Back to top Go down
http://www.SkillzRus.co.nr
Domon3rt

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:30 pm

I want to have sex with that post. Because you stated my name.
Back to top Go down
askrobert1234
askrobert1234

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:01 pm

I feel that Frozen Valley is WAY too small for the population we have right now... There is very few public places... And almost no places for people to buy their own house AND orgs have places to own at the same time... Normally with this map, a population of 10-20 people is too much... It's just not possible with the amount of people we have, compared to the amount of properties, etc. on the map that you wanted to switch to.

Another downside is that there's no SQL coded for all the properties, and NPCs set for the MD, PD, etc... If we switched to Iburg, Don has the SQL all sorted out, so the Xevi has the bar, MD and PD have supply NPC's, black market has 2x drug cartel NPCs, etc. and it would save multiple days, if not more than a week or two, to code an entire map for ARP (even though ARP has simple property-adding commands)

So pretty much, Iburg is all set to go if we want to use it. Don sets it as the main map, and we can just restart and be playing on a fresh slate; Iburg with all the NPCs and stuff ready for us to use. The only thing that'll need to be done is the economy (Jobs, items, etc.) probably... But it wont take very long for us admins to do arp_addjob and then start popping in a few things (PD, MD, and the pre-made Xevi I have the stuff for, etc.) and then maybe swap an org or THE orgs from the server now that recently got applied for (The underground, then give new management to Anarchy 99, if they'd like to try and lead the org that I first founded myself).

I think Iburg would fit our needs that we have right now. We have a decent population, it has plenty of apartments and org places, including a lot of public places to go to and hang out (the diner, the club, the bar, the fight club garage, etc.) so that would benefit us a LOT more than the map with the simple shipment boat, a store or two, etc. that the other map provides... Most people agree with me, but some people agree with Boris as well, like differing opinions should (duh, they're differing, haha). Anyways, Keep posting your opinions guys, I'll have a "mini-conference" with don tonight when he gets on, talk to him about it a bit, and show him this post with the points I, and members of the community have.

I'm looking forward to seeing the opinions of everyone else in the community! Don't be left out! If you have something to say, anything at all, say it! If you think "Well, I really like Frozen Valley, but its rather small" like I do, then post here and let people know what you think, and why! By doing that you allow other people to see your points and make a decision themselves as well if they haven't made up their mind already; not to mention it will save you last minute disappointment if you decide you'll post your opinions after Don comes in, checks, and decides to switch to the map you don't really want! Jump into our conversation, post your ideas, let us know what you all think!

I'll be in-game for a few more hours, I'll see you all in there and I'll be on the forums a bunch tonight posting my ideas!

-James Vizzini king
Back to top Go down
TeddyBear!
Donator
Donator
TeddyBear!

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: NOTHING! DON'T LOOK!

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:45 am

How about this? Just do a whole Economy restart. I've tried to make a come back to this server but every time i join there's a ton of dming going on with no admins in sight. A map change might bring people in but you've guys already built a bad reputation in the mind of RPer's so its whatever.
Back to top Go down
Wake N' Bake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake N' Bake

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Purple Ate Sandals!!! Yay!!!

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 am

TeddyBear! wrote:
How about this? Just do a whole Economy restart. I've tried to make a come back to this server but every time i join there's a ton of dming going on with no admins in sight. A map change might bring people in but you've guys already built a bad reputation in the mind of RPer's so its whatever.

See I think an economy reset might be productive for rp also however it wont help with the admin issue. It seems Vizzini's pretty active but he cant be on all the time.
Back to top Go down
askrobert1234
askrobert1234

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:39 am

I'm on a LOT... Generally 6:30 - 7:30 AM in the mornings, and 4:00 - 10:00 PM (Pacific time) per day... That's really active!

Anyways, when I'm not on... I have a few friends from different time zones, people that don't already got out of school, graduated, all that stuff to watch what's going on when they play, and if anyone DMs, flame wars, etc... When I get home there's a message in steam with the chat log and links to screenshots; boom, dealt with ^^

Anyways... An eco. reset would be good, but most of the people dislike the map in the first place... If we reset the eco. AND go to a different map, hopefully a map that most of the people in the community like, then we can use it and have the economy restart at the same time, starting completely from scratch in a new RP environment.

Iburg I think would be the best place to go... It seems that it equals out, or is more eligible than the other maps to win... Not to mention (like i put in the post above) that the map is completely coded with NPCs and properties already, so the admins would just need to add a couple starting orgs like PD and MD... So that would be really nice to get the map change done in like 20 minutes...

But yeah, I say we should go there... Some people disagree, but most people in-game that aren't very active on the forums vote we should go to Iburg. I took a few people that were on the server, my friends and people i didn't know, to an Iburg map to see the difference of how they acted there, compared to Mevelport... Most of the people actually started RPing 10x better than they were on the current map. They commented the public places, like partying at the club, like getting a drink at the bar, they RPed some robberies and stuff with the cops, it was awesome. And then when you look at the current map, everyone is arguing, everyone is saying how much they hate the map, how much you can't RP on it... The Mevelport map used to be really popular, and really good for RP... But apparently going to Mev. at this time wasn't a very good idea, because not many people really like it right now... Iburg is simple, easy to get around in, and has plenty of houses for the people in our server and their orgs... So that's why I suggest that...

See y'all around ^^

-James Vizzini king
Back to top Go down
MrMandrake

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: wtf is this shit?????????

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Personally I dont see how an econ reset would help with the DM problem, could someone explain this to me?
Back to top Go down
askrobert1234
askrobert1234

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:55 pm

@ MrMandrake,

Really, it wouldn't... Except for the fact that some of the people here have a seemingly endless supply of barretts, and no one knows where they get them from... None of the admins have created a bunch of spawns hidden an an alley somewhere, etc... So I'm not sure HOW people constantly get them, unless they farm all night and get access to the back part of the Gun Shop in the daytime.

The reason I want to switch to Iburg without night mod, and with vampire mod is because of RP. Not many people like the new map, and the vamp. mod was fantastic for certain RPs... The population we have now is good like what we had before night mod arrived (most of the people left claiming they "couldn't see anything in front of them") and now they're back, so that's good... They'll probably stay no matter what map we went to, as long as we kept night mod off (unless they follow my suggestion and make night mod slightly brighter than what it normally looks like) then that should solve the map issue.

Well, that's pretty much my take on the map change, RP and emotion-wise... Including my take on the "Economy reset to fix DM", I don't see a point on resetting everything just to stop DM, because with or without weaponry and items that they SOMEHOW get access to, they will still DM. Nothing will stop them from that except a flat-out strict BAN.

See y'all in-game!

-James Vizzini king
Back to top Go down
Wake N' Bake
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
Wake N' Bake

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Purple Ate Sandals!!! Yay!!!

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:15 pm

I never knew Vmod was even being talked about. I've had some heated argument's about it from people disliking it. They say it gets abused, however it really gives no actually benefits other than in RP. And I've had some amazing rp's dealing with people spying on me and my coven while feeding and taking pictures. Which of course put our coven in danger and we had to hunt down the pictures. I've had some really fantastic rp with Vampire mod and I'm 100% for it.

@Mandrake James pretty much covered it but imo another big reason eco resets help DM is due to the fact that people have something to work for. How many people have everything they need, and practically everything they want? It creates for better activity as a rule due to the fact that everyone wants to get ahead in the rat race. And with a large active community, people generally always have a few groups of people to rp with so they don't get left out.
Back to top Go down
arrow

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:30 pm

I could whip together a map...
Back to top Go down
askrobert1234
askrobert1234

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:48 pm

I could assist with making a room or two, sending it to him, and then he can put it in the overall map... I'm OK with mapping, i haven't done it in a while (I've been practicing recently to regain my skill) but yeah, I'd help design the store, etc.... I have a copy of photoshop CS4 so I can help with textures too.
Back to top Go down
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:21 pm

This is what I have on the map so far. I'm compiling it so far.

An almost-done bank (edited from a personal prefab)
A coffee shop (my own prefab)
Restaurant (edited from a personal prefab)
Prodigy Storage (barely done...)
Car shop (my own prefab)
Back to top Go down
TeddyBear!
Donator
Donator
TeddyBear!

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:34 am

econ resets would help with the guns shooting all over the place but it shouldn't help with the DM i was just asking for more than one admin because James can't be on 24/7 and if there were more stricter admins people will take stuff seriously. Map change sure go for it whatever map is fine with me as long as i get to RP.
Back to top Go down
TeddyBear!
Donator
Donator
TeddyBear!

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:37 am

@Wake and Bake. Yes Vmod is great when people RP it well. there's only been a few instances where i've seen it done well. I just feel like most RPers don't understand the idea of how to roleplay an actual coven of vampires. The consipiracies, the sneaking around in dark alleys, the HYPNOTIZING PEOPLE (I just emphasize it cause i've met dozen of vampire roleplayers that just come up to me say "hey come over here" take me to a dark alley and bite me. Come on i just found you you're a vampire.) and the family unity. It's almost like a mafia family actually but without the mafia job.
Back to top Go down
askrobert1234
askrobert1234

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:41 am

*Zaps the post*

LIVE DAMMIT ^^
Back to top Go down
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:48 am

askrobert1234 wrote:
*Zaps the post*

LIVE DAMMIT ^^

this isn't battlefield..
Back to top Go down
askrobert1234
askrobert1234

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Think of this as a surgery room and the post just flatlined and seems to have died.

I revived it.

Don't gotta be in battlefield to do that. (xD)

-James Vizzini king
Back to top Go down
TeddyBear!
Donator
Donator
TeddyBear!

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:53 pm

I already gave my 25 cents to this post. I would be happy with just an econ reset and if you want to do a map change do it on something not overused. and if you bring back vamp mod......make sure only the mobius veterans get it first. then maybe if the newbies show they can do it then they can have it.
Back to top Go down
askrobert1234
askrobert1234

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:43 pm

By veterans you mean people that are either admins, or been here since the beginning or far-back, right?

For example : Siph, me, people like that? Siph and I were vampires in the original map anyways, so that would be neat to bring that back, too...

Cool profile pic too, Teddy ^^

-James Vizzini king
Back to top Go down
arrow

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:42 pm

Hey, I haven't mapped for a while. So I'm having this problem with the map not running.

First time, I left out the spawn points. Then I added in the spawn points, and still couldn't get the map to run.

What happens is I create a local server for myself to go for a test run on the map. Instead of going to the loading screen after 10 seconds of freezing, it goes back to the menu...
Back to top Go down
Don Punch
Admin
Admin
Don Punch

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Cruisin' down the street in my '64

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 pm

look at your consol after it fails to load
Back to top Go down
http://projectmobius.biz.ly/
OutlawSinn-Play3r

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Original map for vamps was burbank, not iburg. You and I were not the first vampires. :3
Back to top Go down
TeddyBear!
Donator
Donator
TeddyBear!

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:28 am

the first vamps were Spunky, Feo and someone else i forget name. I was a ghoul at the time too. ah good times.

@James Yes veterans that played way back, not new admins just the people who've been here before burbank during that mevelport thing. and yeah i think my profile pic is pretty awesome too.
Back to top Go down
OutlawSinn-Play3r

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:58 am

I was the other first vamp. But yeah I started back before burbank on mevelport_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petition for changing the map.   Petition for changing the map. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petition for changing the map.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next