MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_lcap83%New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_lcap17%New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New Map - RealTime building upgrades

Go down 
2 posters

Should the map/roleplay include building upgrades?
yes
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_lcap80%New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
no
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_lcap0%New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
indifferent
New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_lcap20%New Map - RealTime building upgrades Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
toXicity
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
toXicity

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: thats a damn good question.... with only this pissy editing box im stumped :S

New Map - RealTime building upgrades Empty
PostSubject: New Map - RealTime building upgrades   New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Okay so for a long time (since i started mapping for TSRP) I have always wanted to play on a server hosting a custom map because the map creator is a part of the server.
So that the map creator and server Mayor or even general property owners can work together and upgrade the town in real time at the cost of the city/property owner's funds.

To elaborate...
Let's say that the towns MD only has one doctors room and a tiny operating theater that is clearly lacking in equipment.
The Mayor may decide that it is in the town's best interest for the MD to have it's facilities upgraded. The mayor can then commission a construction team IC(the map creator) to build on to and upgrade the MD.
A price can be negotiated based on what needs to be done then that price can be deducted from the city funds upon completion of the upgrade.

Or maybe a home owner would like to add a second story to their house, in which case the player would need to save up enough money for the construction and upon completion of the construction, have that money deducted by an admin from their balance.

The idea of this is to not only give the mayor more responsibility and control over the town but also give private property owners something to save for and give them a bit of involvement with the city(IC)/map development.

Any person directly involved with a building upgrade is more than welcome to submit design ideas when organizing a building upgrade.

It may seem like far more trouble than it's worth to be constantly updating the server for property changes and subsequent coding that would need to be done.
However, if changes are done right then the process of updating the map-server can actually be quite smooth and with relatively small changes being made each time, the map's file size shouldn't change too dramatically per update.

Of course this all comes down to Don's decision, who may very well be against the idea.
If Don approves of this then the first release of my map will have several government owned buildings that are quite shabby and below par along with general properties that have room for expansion/re-modeling.
If Don doesn't approve then properties will still fit the needs of the server.
Back to top Go down
Lepricocious
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in PROFILE

PostSubject: Re: New Map - RealTime building upgrades   New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:24 pm

I've always wanted to do something like this. Almost proposed the idea once a few years ago but decided otherwise. Sounds good to me but I think it should wait until Iburg is exhausted.
Back to top Go down
toXicity
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
toXicity

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: thats a damn good question.... with only this pissy editing box im stumped :S

PostSubject: Re: New Map - RealTime building upgrades   New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Oh believe me there is still plenty of time before this map will even be close to finished.
Just have to run this by everyone now as I'm at a stage where if this is accepted I will need to dramatically change a few things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Map - RealTime building upgrades   New Map - RealTime building upgrades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Map - RealTime building upgrades
Page 1 of 1