MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
Org and Cop Application Changes. Vote_lcap83%Org and Cop Application Changes. Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
Org and Cop Application Changes. Vote_lcap17%Org and Cop Application Changes. Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Org and Cop Application Changes.

Go down 
+4
Kurokami
TeddyBear!
Damo
Mr. Elmos
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Cops and Organization applications only be accepted to experienced Roleplayers
No
Org and Cop Application Changes. Vote_lcap22%Org and Cop Application Changes. Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Yes
Org and Cop Application Changes. Vote_lcap78%Org and Cop Application Changes. Vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Mr. Elmos
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
Mr. Elmos

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: : "I believe it is an old Wooden ship used in World War 1..."

Org and Cop Application Changes. Empty
PostSubject: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:53 am

I'm just seeing the communities view on all this. Really, I don't care if 99.99% say no Im still gonna talk don into it because its true.

Cops need to be experienced roleplayers or atleast those who have been at mobius long enough to trust, same with Orgs. Any old fag can come in and make a cool organization application and lie about what its going to do.
Back to top Go down
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in profile

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:05 am

Yes, because from what I hear at the moment, the cops aren't the best we've ever had. The experienced guys know how to play as cops as just about all of us have done the rounds many times as police officers in RP.
Back to top Go down
TeddyBear!
Donator
Donator
TeddyBear!

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: NOTHING! DON'T LOOK!

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:08 am

you do realize everyone that is a "good roleplayer" doesn't want to play a cop because they all want to RP something else.
Back to top Go down
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:13 am

TeddyBear! wrote:
you do realize everyone that is a "good roleplayer" doesn't want to play a cop because they all want to RP something else.

I believe I'm considered a "good roleplayer" and 95% of the time I've spent RPing, I've been a cop over AussieRP and more recently MobiusRP just about all the time besides when I started RnR on Mobius which failed hard, became a mayor on AussieRP which killed the server and was in the LMB on Meck when i first started out. Those are the only few times I hadn't been a cop. I'm at the peak of my roleplaying when I'm police.
Back to top Go down
Kurokami
Spam Junkie
Spam Junkie
Kurokami

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:25 am

I fully agree with the Org part, but really people who fail at roleplaying should be rejected by admins when they try to apply.

As for cops, I find the newbies are generally the firsts to want the job, which works to a point because its the noobs who robspam and what not. If we make it only Experienced roleplayers then i say remove robmod, because its useless (someones gonna tell me to stfu for making that point because E-moniez makes they're life what it is) and really only there for noobs to spam so that they can interrupt cops making them rush over to have a shoot up or randome chase without much RP involved. Also this way the cops have to be overly cautious, "are they gonna roleplay? or are they gonna shoot my fuckin face off as soon as i get close?" then they find it was the latter though they felt oblige to try the former and quit.
Back to top Go down
TeddyBear!
Donator
Donator
TeddyBear!

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: NOTHING! DON'T LOOK!

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:29 am

Yes but everyone is complaining that there isn't enough cops and such but they refuse to join the PD cause they don't want to start at lower pay or low rank? Plus apps don't show anything about how you will RP a police situation.
Back to top Go down
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 am

TeddyBear! wrote:
Yes but everyone is complaining that there isn't enough cops and such but they refuse to join the PD cause they don't want to start at lower pay or low rank? Plus apps don't show anything about how you will RP a police situation.

On AussieRP you had to make up this huge-ass bio for your character each time you wanted a new job.
Back to top Go down
Kurokami
Spam Junkie
Spam Junkie
Kurokami

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:49 am

I love making Bios, i hated that u didnt have to on here but meh.

Pay, doesn't matter for shit, Ranks, well they do kind of, but they're easy to climb if you're a smart roleplayer.

What stops me from being a cop (as i think i've mentioned, bleh no scrolling up) is Robmod, which is used by newbs and is like a massive cockslap for good rpers who get involved in them. If cops are out patroling the City properly, having time for themselves and their own roleplays etc then good roleplayers probably wouldn't mind taking the role.

(btw if my comments make no sense tell me, cause i'm incradibly tired atm, lol)
Back to top Go down
tikal
tikal

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:02 am

Uh, I think Commissioner down until Sgt should all be advanced/good rp's. From then on they can employ noobs and teach them how to RP,show them the ropes etc. As more people join the PD and get shown the ropes,the others can leave,just to get the server kick-started

With the orgs, yeah agree.. I think some critera has to be setup which validates that you can make an org or not, with a panel of admins/people in community speaking on the player(s) behalf of he/she can RP or whatnot
Back to top Go down
Jack Marslow

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Weve got a straight up lack of cops right now. As far as I know there's like 3 active cops, including my self and Commish Edward.
Back to top Go down
KenMcLovin
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Well I don't agree with the take out rob mod part, because that is part of role playing for the people like me who robs every few days or and we actually RP out a hostage situation, what Don said is he added a rob timer, which pretty much now you can't rob every 2 minutes, hopefully its every 10-20 minutes so we don't see people rob spamming ALL the time.
Back to top Go down
Kurokami
Spam Junkie
Spam Junkie
Kurokami

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 am

KenMcLovin wrote:
Well I don't agree with the take out rob mod part, because that is part of role playing for the people like me who robs every few days or and we actually RP out a hostage situation, what Don said is he added a rob timer, which pretty much now you can't rob every 2 minutes, hopefully its every 10-20 minutes so we don't see people rob spamming ALL the time.

and you NEED rob mod for that?
10-20 minutes sounds like an improvement though.
Back to top Go down
KenMcLovin
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 am

Well to be honest, I RP out a hostage negociation and it usually goes up to 30 minutes, think about for the new RPers, they rob for the money, no money = no crime, no crime = no RP, than no one is going to wana come in.
Back to top Go down
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:46 am

I don't agree with losing rob mod either, Ken has it spot on with the above post. Also, if its every 20 or so minutes, up the value of robbing them, that also means people would be less likely to run out guns blazing and risk getting killed, example $1500 or something.
Back to top Go down
tikal
tikal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 pm

^

Sounds good, rob timer 20-30minutes, pay should well be up at least $800+
Back to top Go down
KenMcLovin
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Yup. 300 dollars for a rob that takes 2 minutes to get will make people into rob spammers, if the rob mod takes 20-30 minutes to reset than it will fix that problem, and it could be a little more money, but than Crime Orgs. might fight over the rob mod reset and you will see like 20 people gathering around a store waiting LMAO.
Back to top Go down
Kurokami
Spam Junkie
Spam Junkie
Kurokami

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Kennyboi wrote:
Yup. 300 dollars for a rob that takes 2 minutes to get will make people into rob spammers,

Cause if they get $1500 each time they spam they'll be worried about inflation? lol

Lets leave it at 20-30 minutes will stop rob spamming, theres nothing more to argue really.
But i still don't think many roleplayers will rush off to join the police. =/
Back to top Go down
KenMcLovin
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:19 pm

Lol I'm just worried about DMing beacause newb players might stand around waiting for the rob mod to reset, than there going to be killing each other when there trying to rob.
Back to top Go down
Kurokami
Spam Junkie
Spam Junkie
Kurokami

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 am

KenMcLovin wrote:
Lol I'm just worried about DMing beacause newb players might stand around waiting for the rob mod to reset, than there going to be killing each other when there trying to rob.

I think for this we should add a complex mod where in certain people selected by Don and the community are given the ability to either forcibly making people leave (kick them out as it where), or exile them from the server (banishing them, :O).

What do you guys think? Impliment? =)

(no offence intended kenny, I'm just pointing out what admins are there for)
Back to top Go down
KenMcLovin
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:50 am

Uh I was hoping for a vote kick or vote ban mod.
Back to top Go down
Kurokami
Spam Junkie
Spam Junkie
Kurokami

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:08 am

No thanks, people are stupid and i doubt i trust many not to abuse it.
Back to top Go down
Nugz
Nugz

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:04 am

I just stopped robbing after Sarah cuffed me while I was robbing and typing an RP comment then throws me in jail indefinitely and leaves the server..I make more money selling drugs anyway.
Back to top Go down
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:41 am

I'll sign up to be a cop but unfortunately I'll have to play more of a "forum" role.. Because I can't get on much, with school holidays coming up but maybe I can though, because I'll be out of action for about a week when I get two operations done on my feet, fucking cunts what a load of shit, should just amputate both the fuckers and be done with it forever.
Back to top Go down
tikal
tikal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:25 am

Damo wrote:
I'll sign up to be a cop but unfortunately I'll have to play more of a "forum" role.. Because I can't get on much, with school holidays coming up but maybe I can though, because I'll be out of action for about a week when I get two operations done on my feet, fucking cunts what a load of shit, should just amputate both the fuckers and be done with it forever.

ROFL

naw man,just get them fixed up, you'll need those things to walk and shit :<
Back to top Go down
Damo
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:48 am

My problem is with the local anesthetic hurting like a motherfucker, they won't put me out as they don't have any general anesthetic.

Last time I got it fixed up I made the mistake of looking at my toes cut up with scissors and blood all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Org and Cop Application Changes.   Org and Cop Application Changes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Org and Cop Application Changes.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next