MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Vote_lcap83%Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Vote_lcap17%Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shon Harris

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Community Puerto Rican

Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Empty
PostSubject: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:00 am

As discussed in the past, there will be certain attributes to Races and Health Obstacles when in specified enviornments. For this reason I think there should be a unique way about these certain groups.

Soldiers could, for now, be seen as solely Humans. These are the members of the Soviet Army with their own Objective and structure. They control Earth and keep their homeland safe, meaning they watch transportation there with a pretty sharp eye. They also make sure the Moon Base is safe, if that's gone everyone loses its treasures. It would be great for the soldiers to have the Mines to themselves, but even with their advanced technology there is something in the Mines that poisons the human body and can pass through even the most advanced of breathing-systems. Kridon V is even a stretch for the Humans, as Oxygen levels are different from that of Earth.

Miners are entirely Tolus. They are likely set-up in small teams organized by the Chief Miner. From there the more experienced, older, luckier, stronger, these are the people who become leaders. Tolus realize they are the only ones who can work in the Mines, and therefore cannot be touched. Some challenge the soldiers and Natives knowing they can't be touched, others simply do their work proudly. These are all those brave enough to traverse the caverns often referred to as 'Hell', 'The Underworld', or 'Inferno'. Gases in the tunnels have proven poisonious to Humans as well as Natives, though for different reasons. Half-Breeds have been found to hold a hybrid lungs that can survive the gases for days. Decades of this work will result in holes in the lung however. These may be a small number of people, but they make a good wage because of this, not to mention are skilled traders when selling/trading the stones, jewels, and metals they come across.

Pilots pretty much are equal to Miners in their importance to this shiza. While Miners basically control our economy, Pilots are the ones who move population from one sector to another. They are primarily trained by the Military, but there are probably a few civilian contractors that exist as well (military trained?). Flights are likely scheduled, and Pilots probably require liscenses and some form of training (RP Opprotunity). Passports may be necessary to move from sector-to-sector. There will probably be Docking Permission, Flight Checks, Admission Fee (?), and Personnel Checks of those on flights as well as on pilots. This would make the job somewhat short-staffed, but respected and probably well-paying. The RP to it would be unique, fun, and fresh as well.

Soldiers are likely present on behalf of the Reborn Empire to just make sure their assets are protected. The Moonbase is one of those situations that they must provide free-guard to protect their own hopes and economy. They probably provide Doctors, Pilots, and other services on all sectors since their own people are present as well. You'd probably see Military Bases doubling as Medical Stations, as well as all Pilots being on their payroll as well.

Miners are a great source of economy and Roleplay! They would be doing work NO ONE ELSE can do, which would probably land them a nice wage, as well as would be trading whatever they find while giving whatever they're ordered straight to the Chief. There is likely some sort of quota, 1 Miner must produce 20 pieces A, 15 Pieces B, and 2 Pieces C each day or whatever. Smuggling and quiet sales of precious stones could become popular.

Pilots would be respected and praised, or ignored and unnoticed. These are the people flying you sector to sector, a job that probably shouldn't be all too common, but common enough to keep the thing moving. Their entire job is to keep you alive, fly you right, and to make sure things do not go wrong. Without the Pilots you have no way to go from place to place, and are therefore stranded. These guys would obviously fly free, but would be in the Military and kept a bit of tabs on. Pilots could become a sort-of-black market when flying stock and some 'disappearing', as well as could create some unique drug trade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shonharris
Chartax

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: It's a character sheet for the RPG on the forums.

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:32 am

What about Private Pilots, e.g. an organisation can train a pilot / buy him and use him for smuggling, transport, ect?

And then there could be different types of ships. e.g.

Transportation Ship that can have 8 people in it (Useful for attacking enemies, ect)

Supply Ship that can hold 500 of supplies (E.G. Items, ores, drugs , ect)

Mining Ship(?) that can harvest materials from moons, planets, satelites, ect.

Combat Ship that does more damage to enemies / other ships.

And to pilot each type of ship a specific type of training e.g. Transportation Ship Liscence. But of course there will be someone who wants to pilot all of them, and he would be an Ace Pilot.

Maybe it's too much, over-engineered, ect. But, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Divided

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in profile

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:54 pm

I like it. Private Pilots would be could. Have some smuggling ops and the likes.

Ace pilot sounds odd. Just have something like Professional Pilot.
Back to top Go down
Don Punch
Admin
Admin
Don Punch

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Cruisin' down the street in my '64

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:03 pm

only need 1 kind of pilot job, and there is only 1 flyable ship, migght be 1 on the surface, but as for now, plan no ther only being 1 ship
Back to top Go down
http://projectmobius.biz.ly/
Shon Harris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:52 pm

Any other ships would be simply Text RP and nothing more. Like Don Punch said, we only have one flyable ship.

However, I'll probably specify a bit more into Pilot Jobs. There would likely be Military-Paid Pilots, and a very short number of Civilian Pilots. Anyone who holds the Civilian Pilot job would probably have to be former Military-Pilots and a decent RPer.

Think of it this way: Someone we trust can RP would hold the job of Military Pilot, we'd work out a schedule and have the tram running when crowds gathered. Toll may be collected, whatever. Well let's say one day there are no Military Pilots around, their reserves would be the Civlian Pilots, paid whatever for their single-service.
Back to top Go down
Chartax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:14 am

Quote :
An Ace pilot is the real name given to an elite pilot today.

Quote :
Well let's say one day there are no Military Pilots around, their reserves would be the Civlian Pilots, paid whatever for their single-service.

Yeah, but what I meant is not pilots working for tolls to haul passengers around to and fro, I meant like pilots working for private organisations who haul black-market items, slaves, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Shon Harris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:34 am

Chartax wrote:
Quote :
An Ace pilot is the real name given to an elite pilot today.

Quote :
Well let's say one day there are no Military Pilots around, their reserves would be the Civlian Pilots, paid whatever for their single-service.

Yeah, but what I meant is not pilots working for tolls to haul passengers around to and fro, I meant like pilots working for private organisations who haul black-market items, slaves, whatever.

What you don't seem to understand however is that the Aircraft in this game are on a set-track. Any 'hauling' would have to be through people, and it would only work if Pilots required tolls and guards checked every person looking for weapons, drugs, or illegal items not meant to be transported.
Back to top Go down
Chartax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:57 am

Quote :
Any 'hauling' would have to be through people,

Not necisserily.

Who's to say there aren't hidden items in the ship, placed there somehow. Don't forget that everything is possible. Perhaps there is a hidden door on the underside of the ship, where items are passed up through to people working inside the ship.

Or maybe when in storage/hangar, someone sneaks on, hides weapons / whatever, and sneaks off.

Ofcourse, all of this 'haulage' would be done technically by people, but they could RP the drugs aren't on their person, while they really are.

EDIT : Special passport for Space Station?
Back to top Go down
RedRose
RedRose

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Xuhqil Tanj

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Carmod changed to SpaceshipMod?
Back to top Go down
Chartax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:36 am

I have a spaceship mod, I'll see if I can post it. Apparently it allows the vehicles to fly without clipping through floors, which is better than anything I've ever been able to do.

(Collision Dectection ? Razz)

I'll dig it up for you.
EDIT : Posted in Scripting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs   Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miners, Pilots, Soldiers, and Other Special Jobs
Page 1 of 1