MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_lcap83%VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_lcap17%VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

VALVe's Best Independant Game

Go down 
3 posters

Which is the best?
Team Fortress Classic
VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_lcap22%VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Team Fortress 2
VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_lcap11%VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Counter Strike
VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_lcap11%VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Counter Strike: Source
VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_lcap0%VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Condition Zero
VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_lcap0%VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Day of Defeat
 0% [ 0 ]
Day of Defeat: Source
VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_lcap17%VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Left 4 Dead
VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_lcap22%VALVe's Best Independant Game Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Or....RICHOCHET
 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Mr. Elmos
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
Mr. Elmos

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: : "I believe it is an old Wooden ship used in World War 1..."

VALVe's Best Independant Game Empty
PostSubject: VALVe's Best Independant Game   VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Its really between L4D and Richochet for me. Mainly because they're the only games that VALVe has made that wasn't continued or expanded. Although Richochet has only 4 maps, 1 game mode, and a community of 10 German experts.

Left 4 Dead has showed us that VALVe can actually move on to different games and become a bigger company. They also expanded on the Source engine by making a completely different version, it's actually a less cartoon-ish version of the Team Fortress 2 Engine and a more realistic version of the original engine. Today dubbed as Episode 1 engine or CS:S engine because of the mappers.

Left 4 Dead has also made more things that VALVe can use for episode 3. Such as the Zombie AI. The Zombie AI might not be the hardest task but it allows VALVe to make a random monster able to climb every obsticle in your way without needing a 'scripted sequence' or a trigger. All it takes is for the AI to recognize the player and they're off.

However Team Fortress 2 has taught VALVe about the community and how to deal with them better seeing as TF2 was the only game that's multiplayer actually needed balancing. So it taught them when to listen and when not to listen to the community, how to deal with all the retards of the community, and how balance a game flawlessly.

I really see no need of expanding into the CS and DoD series mainly because its all pretty mainstream. No giant work went into CS:S or DoD. Condition Zero on the other hand was actually made by "Turtle Neck Studios", more known today because of there giant work and effort put into Left 4 Dead. They also made maps and helped with CS and CS:S, and later on decided it would be fun to put a couple of CS:S players against a giant horde of zombies only armed with pistols and knifes. It started out as a small game mode for 1 server but grew into something bigger. VALVe saw their potential from making CZ and CS and thought that they actually might be a great investment. Which they were.

I vote Left 4 Dead because it not only has its own community now. It also tied in the TF2, CS:S, and DoD community.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Propaganda
Dr. Propaganda

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: OH JESUS WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

PostSubject: Re: VALVe's Best Independant Game   VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:24 am

RICOCHET, MOTHERFUCKER.
Back to top Go down
The-Terryer
The-Terryer

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: I don't know!

PostSubject: Re: VALVe's Best Independant Game   VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:24 am

TFC was always the best, I grew up with it in the 90's. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CCAN RESIST A SNIPER BULLET TO THE FUCKIN FACE WHEN YOU HAVE THE CHANCE! I would have picked TF2 but they changed so many mechanics that it confused the shit outta me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/terry292
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VALVe's Best Independant Game   VALVe's Best Independant Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VALVe's Best Independant Game
Page 1 of 1