MobiusRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Mobius and MobiusRP related shit

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Do you own Half-Life 2?
Yes - I own HL2
Race Idea: AI Vote_lcap83%Race Idea: AI Vote_rcap
 83% [ 43 ]
No - I don't own HL2
Race Idea: AI Vote_lcap17%Race Idea: AI Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 52
Latest topics
»  Peany's TS3 Player Model Pack v5 link doesn't work :(
Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm by Tulip Sniper

» Ogmogo Freeman
Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm by Don Punch

» Which game?
Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 am by MallotH

» Source RP map project
Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm by chilled

» Source based MMORPG
Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm by Don Punch

» Source RP map project picture refrences
Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm by Don Punch

» Hello evey body!
Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm by Don Punch

» gm_pacific
Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:22 am by Don Punch

» Island Map for Source
Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm by Don Punch

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Race Idea: AI

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Destro
Been around the block
Been around the block
Destro

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistince is futile.

Race Idea: AI Empty
PostSubject: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:21 pm

At Don's request, Im posting this idea here.

Would it be possible to have an AI as a charicter? (examples being Hal or cortona)

If this is a SciFi RP, and there is an advanced military space station, dosent seem kinda obvious that they would have an AI or 2?

With some of my previous ideas, it seems almost childs play to do. The hardest part would be what they would look like and what they would do.

For starters, I'd like to address what they would look like. For most of the time, they would probably be in their own area, or be using clear skins. When needed, however, they could move to the needed area, and then swich to a skin that looks like a hologram, allowing them to interact in a normal social manner (without tuching stuff, meaning no guns or killing untell/if the military develops portable sheald tech, unless you have a rilly clever AI), where as they would normally just sorta act like a comm panel. As a side note, they may also look like one of the previously stated races, inciting virtual race wars, if nessisary.

As to what they would do, that would be a little more difficult to do.

For starters, they could act as remote button pushers, and do things in areas that normal humans arent suppost/able to go. (ex: close the air lock from the outside). They also could be input onto transport/weapon devices, allowing manpower to be reduced and systems to be automated. They, agin, wouldent be allowed to do phisical tasks, due to their nature, unless they were input into a robotic system (not the point, but a side branch, none the less). They could also act as information databases (forever connected to Wiki), and acting like an advanced version of the internet. Then agin, they could also act like a virus on said internet, and mess with things that they aught not to mess with.

Another point I shoud probably bring up is how they would come into being. It is a military installation, right? Why not just say that some random scientist made them. (within limitations. EX: bio scientist probably wouldent know how to make one, where as an more techinical scientist might be able to. Also, there would probably have to be a scientist able to do it, and have their agreement.)

Due to the nature of how it would come into being, it would probably require a special format. It would probably look something like the following:

Basic format.
Race:
Name:
Job:
Bio: (stuff goes here)
Ect..

AI Format.
Race: AI
Name: HAL 9000
Job: Scocial Dynamix AI (Advanced internet idea)
Creater: Dr. Sir Willium the third, Kerpoink Kerpoink, whoops, wheres my fribble.
Bio:(stuff goes here)
ect.

Due to its mostly unexplored nature, I felt that it would probably be a good idea to bring this up before the mod was fully completed, and Don wanted to hand out public use jackhammers to give/trash/abuse ideas.
Back to top Go down
Don Punch
Admin
Admin
Don Punch

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Cruisin' down the street in my '64

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Intersting idea.

I know that an item could be made for AI that would, in-essense, make them a ghost(god mode and invisablity). There is a mod on CS, The simpsons, freeze tag, that makes a player a ghost where they have noclip, model is distroted like a hologram, and cannot touch or be touched. they also have no effect on the physical realm.

i will talk to the coder that made that mod and see if it is portable to TS.
Back to top Go down
http://projectmobius.biz.ly/
Destro
Been around the block
Been around the block
Destro

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistince is futile.

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Thank you.

You might want to have some ability to work with the phisical relm though...
Back to top Go down
Echo
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
Echo

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Raver With A Hardstyle Flavor

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:00 pm

Depends what kind of AI they are.
If you're an AI like Cortana, then they have no physical grasp, unless logged into some sort of node that connects them with this world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/target_practice_1337sauce
Destro
Been around the block
Been around the block
Destro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:01 pm

That in itself is interaction with the phisical relm, probably enableing them to do all sorts of node related mistchef.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Enforcer Admin
Enforcer Admin
Echo

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Raver With A Hardstyle Flavor

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:52 am

I ment like...plug them into something that gives them control of a physical body.
Otherwise they exist in cyber space.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/target_practice_1337sauce
Timmeh
Been around the block
Been around the block
Timmeh

Number of posts : 88

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in profile

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:40 am

This better not be any Terminator shit where people are just like "LOL CANT CK ME I HAVE NANOBOTS AND A BODY OF METALZLOAL"
Back to top Go down
Don Punch
Admin
Admin
Don Punch

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:09 am

yea, the only way I would let this be, is if I can get the full on ghost plugin from this cs guy.

noclip andmodel distort, and cannot attack, or be attacked.
Back to top Go down
HoltK
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
HoltK

Number of posts : 287

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: Lulz No clue!

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:26 am

This seem familiar...
Back to top Go down
Destro
Been around the block
Been around the block
Destro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:57 pm

@ Don:

Would they have to have full ghost all the time? Kinda defets the purpose of haveing them man a station then if it has buttons they cant press. I understand them not being able to kill people unless programmed to (unless they get reporgramed or what not), and then haveing to work around technicaly not tuching anything in their natural form, but how would they then "Interface" with things if they cant tuch it ooc? As for not tuching anything IC, however, I must approve.

@ Holtik

How does it seem familiar?
Back to top Go down
Don Punch
Admin
Admin
Don Punch

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:09 pm

not to sure how the ghosting operatres and how it can be configured, but i will check it out.

If you want to be in the physical realm, then I suggest rping a droid or something.

For the most part, if you want to be an entitiy in the computer system, then you would be rping the functions anyway, meaning, there are no "vital buttons" as of yet that would require the AI to push them, lol. if its a button, then the AI isn't ment to push it. Buttons are the 0,1 switch, on off, human control/override.

I understand what you are saying though, but best bet would to RP a robot, I have seen you be a cyborg in DP, and you do a good job at it.

There are plenty of models too, but I am not a big fan of people RPing robots, simple for the fact that it gets overdone real fast, and only a few have done it properly. APM being one of them.
Back to top Go down
HoltK
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
HoltK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:29 pm

Destro wrote:

@ Holtik
How does it seem familiar?

Something like this was mentioned on DP or H9 before...Can't remember.

Don Punch wrote:
APM being one of them.

It's because he is always one, Practice makes perfect!
Back to top Go down
Timmeh
Been around the block
Been around the block
Timmeh

Number of posts : 88

Character sheet
Hmm whats this now: edit in profile

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:50 pm

A computer entity huh? Sader would jizz in his pants if that was green-lighted.
Back to top Go down
Destro
Been around the block
Been around the block
Destro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:09 pm

@ Don

If you understand it, then I thank you for not haveing me try and explain it. As for RP'ing a robot, I figured that would kinda go with RP'ing an AI in some respects.

On a side note, now that you mention Cyborgs, how common will they be, and what requirements might they need (special food, tune ups, ect...)? Also, RPing as a cyborg doc was fun, might do it agin...
Back to top Go down
HoltK
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
HoltK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Destro wrote:

On a side note, now that you mention Cyborgs, how common will they be, and what requirements might they need (special food, tune ups, ect...)? Also, RPing as a cyborg doc was fun, might do it agin...

I will probably be setting something like that up...Rules and what it take to be one.
Back to top Go down
Don Punch
Admin
Admin
Don Punch

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Yea, Holtk and I will be getting the RP forums opened up soon, hopefully by the end of this week. That way people can start on their Character development and what not.

Last edited by Don Punch on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Destro
Been around the block
Been around the block
Destro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Are the forums up yet?
Back to top Go down
HoltK
God amoungst Men
God amoungst Men
HoltK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:37 pm

Hopefully soon, we are still setting things up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea: AI   Race Idea: AI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race Idea: AI
Page 1 of 1